Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have questions regarding RefWorks or need technical support?
Contact the library for help.
Reference hours are generally:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Eastern Time
- Friday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Eastern Time
- Sunday: 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm Eastern Time
You can also chat with a librarian anytime, 24/7, using AskUs 24/7 (see box below)
In addition, the new RefWorks Support Pages are available at any time.
Chat with a librarian on AskUs 24/7!
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool that is designed to help researchers easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies. You can access RefWorks at refworks.proquest.com.
With RefWorks you can:
- Gather references automatically from article databases and indexes while you research
- Insert formatted references into your paper in a variety of styles (MLA, APA, Turabian, etc.)
- Format your footnotes and bibliographies
- Create a personal research database online
- Store and organize references that are accessible from any computer linked to the Internet
- Search a wide variety of article databases and import references
- Share references with others
- Download and use Write-N-Cite
When accessing RefWorks, new users need to create a username and password. You must use your Utica College email to register.
Questions about RefWorks can be directed to the reference librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org